We’re hiring a Pack Member!
About you, the candidate:
You are a fast learner with passion and dedication to small, local businesses as well as pet health and nutrition. You describe yourself as energetic, efficient, dependable, and open minded. You get extremely excited to learn new things and apply your new knowledge to your life. Our ideal candidate is outgoing, personable, and has fantastic customer service skills.
Our perfect Pack Member is incredibly passionate about helping customers solve problems and improving the well-being of their dogs and cats. Candidates must be able to provide exceptional, courteous service no matter what and be comfortable dealing with people (and pets!) of different temperaments and personalities. Pack Members should be even-tempered, detail-oriented, dependable, and efficient. Finally, we are seeking a loyal candidate that has the desire to grow with us long-term as we expand and mature.
Does this sound like you? Great! Continue to learn more about the position.
About the Position:
The position will start at 15-20 hours a week. Starting pay is $11 per hour, with the opportunity to potentially increase following the 90-day probationary period and assessment. This person must be available on most Saturdays. We anticipate this position growing in hours once our busy holiday season begins!
Within the first 90 days, Pack Members are expected to learn and master our method of customer service including being able to confidently answer the phone, greet and help customers, as well as gracefully deal with any customer issues. You will learn some inventory management skills and be asked to help us prepare for our on-site and off-site events. After the first 90 days the Pack Member will be evaluated to ensure that they are comfortable and confident with all aspects of the Pack Member position.
In your first 90 days we expect our Pack Member to perform and master the following tasks:
- Assisting customers the St PetersBARK way
- Help prepare for store events
- Express confidence in problem-solving skills when assisting all customers
- Accurately manage inventory including stocking and receiving orders
- Ensure the store is “retail ready” every day (cleaning, merchandising)
- Engage in various and never-ending in-store projects of a creative nature
Desired and Required Experience:
- Must be comfortable and competent while working with computers and standard technology/software suites including MS Windows and MS Office
- Must have a high school diploma or GED education level or higher
- Must love smiling and engaging with customers no matter what is going on personally
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more multiple times a day
- Must be able to work on your feet for hours at a time
- Must feel comfortable around dogs and cats of any size or demeanor
- Must have an unwavering passion for healthy pets, meaningful sales, customer service, and problem solving
- Must live within 10 miles of the shop and own a dog and/or cat
- Bonus: Pet product knowledge and passion for high quality, natural pet care
About our workplace culture:
St PetersBARK has a very unique workplace culture that we are very proud of! St PetersBARK is a fun, playful workplace full of exciting challenges and opportunities. In the span of your shift you will encounter no less than 5 dogs every day that are eager to accept a treat from you. But this is more than just a job where you pet dogs and ring customers up.
We strive to create a workplace where employees benefit from the success of the business and are treated as valuable contributors to our shared mission. All of our Pack Members & Leaders will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and build your resume during your time here. We want you to feel fulfilled, respected, and valued every single day through the tasks that you complete. We constantly check-in with each other and provide feedback to each other to build a better and more amazing workplace and experiences for our customers and staff.
How to apply:
First, to complete a pre-interview application submit your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we review your resume and deem your skills and work history a good fit, we will send you a list of pre-interview questions to answer before you are invited in for a group interview in mid-May.